Friday, February 10, 2023

A Better Week

Thank you all for the get well wishes.  They worked!  The z-pack from the doctor helped too.  Man, that z-pack antiobiotic is some serious stuff!  It knocked the mucus part of the respitory infection right out.  Now I'm feeling 1,000 times better and only cough when I talk.  The doctor promises the cough will go away in two to three weeks, once my airways are no longer inflamed.  

Anyway, thank you for all the good health wishes.  I much appreciated them.  And, while I'm saying thanks, thank you for sticking with me and this blog.  I realize it has not been exactly titalating reading lately.

Since I've been feeling better, I've been able to get some knitting done.


I finished the Selbu hat.  It obviously hasn't been blocked yet, but the knitting is done.  I'm pretty pleased with it.


The hat has a hemmed brim and I guess you could consider it reversible, except I'm not sure I like the way the sewing line looks.  I used a regular cast on and picked those cast on stitches up and knit them together with the stitches already on the needle when I hemmed it.  It's a super simple process but it does leave that line.  How do you handle hemmed hats/items?


Remember the pumpkin sweater?  It's been in the UFO corner for a long time.  I pulled it out and am determined to get it finished.  All that was left was the waist ribbing and the two sleeves.  Now, it only has half a sleeve left to go.  That one sleeve seems to be taking for eeeeeever to finish though.  After the z-pack and before I was allowed to return to work, I got the waist ribbing and first sleeve done.  The second sleeve however.... I've been working on it for almost a week and it still has a few more inches to go before the wrist ribbing starts.

Do they make z-packs for second-sleeve-itis?


3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling better! I think people tend to throw antibiotics around a bit too much, but when they're really needed, they're a bit of a miracle. The knitting is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh....I LOVE that pumpkin sweater. You MUST finish it. Can you imagine wearing that in the fall? I would be like..."look at me. I made this!" everywhere I went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're feeling better! lovely knitting!

    ReplyDelete