Thursday, May 26, 2022

It's been a while

It's been a while since I last posted.  I told myself I wasn't going to stress over posting weekly but I never meant to go three weeks without posting.  Oops.

Life has been busy.

I turned 60.  Yikes!  I'm struggling with 60.  I was good with 50.  Fifty is old and I no longer had to worry about what I looked like or how I acted.  I felt like I could be as silly and ridiculous or as serious and professional as I wanted to be in the moment.  I had an, "I'm old.  No worries." attitude.  But 60...??? Sixty just feels like, well, Yikes!!!

I spent my birthday in the pouring down rain as a vendor at the Strawberry and Wine festival.  The day was not great.  We had a horrible booth location next to a VERY annoying and aggressive Anderson Window guy who was scaring away the few customers who'd ventured out in the rain.  

But it wasn't all bad.  I spent the day knitting and chatting with my booth-mates and they helped me celebrate with a birthday gift of yarn and a new pattern book.


The second day of the festival was much better.  Hot and sunny, a huge crowd at the festival, and we, and several other nearby boothes, complained about the Anderson Window guy so much they allowed us to move our tents to better locations.

So, what was I knitting in the rain during the festival?  


Another Reyna inspired shawl.  This one is knit with Bamboo Pop Sock yarn I bought from my LYS, Center of the Yarniverse last year.  Or was it the year before Covid hit?  Let's just say I bought it a while back.  The colorway is Muscadine.  I love the rustic red, white and blue affect.

Other things that have been going on...


Hayden got season tickets to the local theme park and asks to go daily.  She loves riding the rides!


Teddy caught kennel cough and the medications doped him up pretty good.  Instead of chasing bees and barking at groundhogs, the neighbors and the mail lady, he spent a quiet week stoned half out of his mind.  Thankfully, he's all better now.


We got to witness snake sex.  To put their size in perspective, that tree is so big, four adults can't stand fingertip to fingertip and reach around it.  I think it's pretty cool how they made a heart shape.  Guess that's the snake version of romance.



I swore I wasn't going to buy anymore yarn and then I got an email from Knit Picks.  They are having a Build Your Own Value Pack sale.  Buy ten skeins of certain yarns (you can mix and match the colors - Yay!) and save 20%.  That box arrived today.  I'm obviously now ready for Christmas knitting.  And oops!  An even bigger box is due to arrive in 3 more days.  Good grief!

And last but not least, I've been watching old Emergency reruns.  Do you remember that show?  When it first came on back in the '70's, my big life plan was to marry Johnny Gage. And now, when I watch it, I can only think how old and outdated the fire trucks seem.  Were the 70's really that long ago?? 

Good grief!  I feel old.





1 comment:

  1. Yeah, 60 is hard. I turned 68 in December and I dreading the 70 thing. That's just older than dirt as my grandmother would say. I am glad to hear your festival ended up better than it started. I had to laugh at the Anderson Window guy. I've seen them in action and it's not pretty.

    ReplyDelete