Friday, June 3, 2022

Heatherly

 Have you tried Knit Picks' new yarn, Heatherly?


I'm knitting with "Butter" and it's wonderful.  The yarn is mostly acrylic but looks and feels more like cotton.  There's none of that shininess that acrylics so often have and the yarn is incredibly soft.  The knitted fabric feels like my old, favorite pair of jeans.  It has great stitch definition and, ahem, handles frogging and being reknit mutliple times quite well.  And, it comes in both worsted and DK weights.

I am finding the yarn to be a tiny bit splitty but that could be because I'm using very sharp needles and reading while I knit.  That may have something to do with all the frogging I've had to do too.  Despite my troubles, I can't wait to add all the other colors of this line to my stash.  

And yes, I am once again knitting pool-side.  I'm so glad we fiinally got the pool open again.

I'm not the only one who likes to float!


2 comments:

  1. Your pool looks like heaven! I haven't tried Heatherly yet but it looks interesting. I like a wool blend. I was always a fan of Wool Ease because it had the warmth of wool but it wasn't itchy. You can also throw it in the wash which I love. It was always my go to for sweaters-not to mention the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heatherly sounds like a good yarn for kids' knits when you want a non-wool option. I haven't tried it yet (I only just heard about it a couple of days ago), but I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point. Enjoy the pool!

    ReplyDelete