Friday, February 18, 2022

Mohair and Wool

This is going to be a short one today.  There's a lot going on around here and my time is short.  But, I wanted to show you...


The photo doesn't do it justice.  It's a scarf with uneven stripes of mohair and wool.

I was searching Ravelry for something entirely different but a similar-to-this scarf popped up and it gave me the idea.  

I've been wanting to combine these two yarns forever.  I even tried knitting them held together earlier in the week.... But they looked horrible held together.  The Iceburg Aloft muddied up the Cascade 220 Wave yarn.  I was so disappointed because I've been thinking about this combo for over a year.

But then I stumbled across the Ravelry pattern, took a look at the photos and now I'm making my own version.  Hope that's considered getting inspiration, not stealing.   It's just too simple to pay for the pattern though.  I simply cast on some stitches and started knitting.  Knitting uneven stripes of mohair and the wool.  And I'm thrilled with the results.

I'm also thrilled because over the past week, I have taken my email from almost 800 pending emails down to 41.  And I'm actually reading them, not just deleting them automatically.  Well, I am deleting the "this offer is good for today only" type emails without reading them.  And of course the obvious spammy ones.  But otherwise, I'm reading them.  So, if you happen to notice and wonder why I replied to 30 of your past blog posts on one day... Well, now you know why.  I'm also getting lots of scarf knitting done while I read the emails.


I hope everyone had a good Valentine's last weekend.  Hayden painted Valentines.  And herself.  

And last but definitely not least, please say a prayer for peace for my mother-in-law.  The Alzheimer's is winning.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease. I hope time with that sweet little girl helps to ease some of the sorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sending good thoughts toward your mother-in-law. We just went through 2 horrendous years with my father-in-law and his dementia. I will be holding you up also. It is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's one happy little girl. The scarf is lovely, I think it will be very cosy with that mohair wrapped around your neck. Alzheimer's is such a terrible disease, both for the sufferer and for their family and friends. You and your mother-in-law are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear...the end stage is so hard. My dad just stopped engaging. It broke my heart to see him just lay there staring into space. Mercifully the last stages were quick unlike the horrible years leading up to it. I am so sorry.
    Your project is lovely. Nothing like some pretty yarn to take your mind off your troubles.
    That photo of Hayden is precious. She looks like she had a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf, and sending warm thoughts for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete