Friday, February 25, 2022

This week's knitting

Thank you all for the prayers and warm thoughts for my mother-in-law.  She passed quietly in her sleep, which is about the best way things could have gone.  She is at peace now and that's all we can ask for.

I haven't been able to get as much knitting done this week as I'd hoped.  I am, however, on the very last section of the mohair and wool scarf.


Pardon the poorly lit photo.  It's raining outside so it's dark and gloomy inside.  I think this scarf is going to be awesome when it's finished.  And it may be finished tonight!  Maybe.


I've also been beading socks.  These are for Easter.  I just love how the beads are pastel colored but also bright.

And since I've been asking for prayers lately, let me ask one more time.  How about we all pray for the troops in Ukraine.  I know the families of several service men and women who have been sent over and the news is looking a little scary.

In the infamous words of Elizabeth Zimmerman, "Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises."

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, sending my sincere condolences to all the family. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease and I know in one way it's a blessing when they're finally out of it. Oh, those socks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of your MIL's passing but know as terrible as it sounds to wish someone's life away, it is a blessing. A day doesn't go by that I am not impacted by the journey I went through with my dad. It changed me forever. I hope now your family can heal. Take care of yourself.
    My daughter just texted me to get a passport. She's terrified that what happened in the Ukraine could happen here. As strange as it sounds, her husband is a former Marine and works in a high security clearance job with government IT now so she's scared the stuffing out of me. She also alerted us to the pandemic two months before it made the news here so I am hoping this time she is wrong. I might just go get that passport though. It couldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete