Friday, September 3, 2021

And Another Hat

I seem to be on repeat these days. I keep knitting the same things over and over and over again.  It's mostly because I'm trying to get inventory built up for Winterfest, but this time...


An Etsy customer asked me too.    This time around I'm knitting the same hat in the same colors but with a much longer, foldable brim and a faux fur pom.

And yes!  I am able to knit once again.  Yay!!  I'm still not walking too well or for too long but my back is getting better.  It's a slow process but I am getting better.  I no longer need the pain pills and I'm down to only one muscle relaxer before bed.  Doesn't sound like much but it is progress.  And I'm very, very happy to be knitting again.  

For those of you who were in Ida's path, I pray you made it through the storm safely.  We had a nice stiff breeze, two claps of thunder, and a mess of rain but nothing like the rain they got in some places.  The storm added three or four inches of water to the pool and that was it.  One nice thing about Ida - she sucked up all the moisture in the air and left us with absolutely GORGEOUS fall-like weather for the weekend.

Hmm.  I just realized this weekend is Labor Day weekend for those of us in the states so....

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you are able to knit again! And glad to hear you were safe from the storm. The cooler temps and clear air are so welcome. Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad you can knit again. That yarn is very pretty. We had low humidity here yesterday too but it's back today after a night of thunderstorms.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even have an excuse but I feel like I'm on repeat too. My crafty world is pretty boring right now and it's hard to find anything interesting to post about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling!
      I'm happy to see you posting. I hope Ida wasn't too rough on you. Y'all had some pretty rough weather up that way.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better (no doubt being able to knit again is helping). We had a lot of rain from Ida and a fair amount of flash flooding in the area, but like you, when she left, she took the hot, humid air. It's been perfectly fall-like here the past few days and I want to knit all the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly want to wear all the sweaters. Still a little too warm for that though. I did put on socks yesterday though.

      Delete