Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Candy Corn

So, remember me talking about Snowblind  by Christopher Golden and how much I was enjoying it?  Well, I finished it.  And LOVED it!  I began to have my doubts over the last few chapters.  The story suddenly became very predictable.  It felt like the author was maybe under a deadline and was rushing to tidy up the details.  I became a little disappointed.  It was still a good story and told well but...  And then all of a sudden - the last two sentences.  I got chills and had to put on a sweater. 

If you like Stephen King type horror, Snowblind is a Must Read!

knitting an orange and yellow blanket and eating Candy Corn.

Since finishing Snowblind, I haven't picked up any other book worth mentioning.  I have, however, been eating my weight in candy corn and knitting on Sarah's orange blanket.  It's very strange how it's knitting up.  I knit and knit and knit and knit 100 more rows and there's no visual progress.  Then I knit one more row and presto, magic!  I've suddenly added six inches in length to the blanket.  It's very strange.  Perhaps Mr. Golden should write a book about it.

To see what others are knitting and reading, join me over at As Kat Knits for today's #Unraveled link-up.

5 comments:

  1. I like that it is candy corn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you write a compelling review to the book but I do not like horror...Love your candy corn colors as well! Festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't candy corn addicting? I love the stuff so much that I try very hard to avoid it. I can't stop once I start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy corn... oh man. I love that stuff so much! And, I love how your blanket knitting matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours, book sounds good too, glad it finished well, nothing worse than getting to the last couple of chapters and a good story feeling rushed.

    ReplyDelete