Monday, April 3, 2017

Makers' Monday - Bridal Gloves

Welcome to Makers' Monday, a celebration of knitting designers, artists and creatives.

In keeping with the wedding theme, I thought I'd share a few patterns for lacy bridal gloves. Now don't get me wrong, all of these gloves could be worn anytime or place, but knit with white yarn, they scream wedding.

crocheted wedding gloves designed by Nez Jewelry on Ravelry
Fingerless Crochet Lacy Wedding Gloves courtesy of Nez Jewelry

This first pair are actually crocheted. As much as I dislike crocheting (mostly because crochet gives me Horrible carpal tunnel issues not to mention, I'm rather talentless) these were just too pretty not to include.  So, for the folks who can crochet.... The Fingerless Crochet Lacy Wedding Gloves were designed by Nez Jewelry and can be found on Ravelry.

lacy hand knitted wedding gloves
Filigree Mitts courtesy of Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer

Or maybe you're planning a winter wedding.  I think these Filigree Mitts are stunning.

winter wedding gloves fingerless mitts or glove pattern
Filigree Mitts detail

Just look at the detail!  Another thing I really like about this design from Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer of Heartstrings Fiber Arts is that its Ravelry page offers a free link to the pattern's front page.  You are able to see gauge, needle & yarn requirements/recommendations before purchasing the pattern.  That's sweet!

Or perhaps your wedding is next weekend and you need something a little quicker to knit...

Lacy Hearts Wedding Gloves courtesy of Ellen Rich

 How about these Lacy Hearts Wedding Gloves from Ellen Rich of Knitters' Haven?  These would be super cute for Valentines Day as well as for a wedding.

knitting pattern for beaded lacy gloves, bridal gloves
Eryn Lasgalen Glovelettes courtesy of Maria Hytti

And last but not least, how about this beaded design?  Not only is the pattern for these Eryn Lasgalen Glovelettes free, but the pattern's Ravelry page shows them knit up in several different colors. I just love how different the glovelettes look in different colors.  The red ones are edgy & remind me of my punk rock days, while the blue are delicate & of course, the white scream wedding.  Oops. I got so caught up remembering my punk rock youth, I almost forgot to mention the designer.  Eryn Lasgalen Glovelettes by Marie Hytti of Cozy Cabin Designs.

And I have to mention.... The whole time I've been typing this, I keep picturing the lacy hearts on socks. You know those brides on TV shows who wear their fancy wedding gown with their grubby Converse sneakers? Well, I've never seen a bride do that in real life, but if I ever do, I'm going to knit them lacy heart socks to wear with their Converse.

3 comments:

  1. What a great things! Thank you...Thank you so much for adding my gloves in your blog:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I wish I could still crochet because your gloves really are gorgeous & so summery. My daughter would love them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete