Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mosaic Tile

The theme park opened this weekend and all I can say is Wow!  I spent most of last week preparing for the opening. We cleaned, moved offices and furniture, and took a thousand trips to the dump.  I was already bruised and sore on opening day.  And opening day was, well, let's just say it was one of those days where you want to cry in the car then drink an entire bottle of bourbon by yourself.  I knew opening weekend would be rough.  The new employees don't know what to do and the returning employees can't remember what to do and there's always some kind of computer/back office issues that pop up.  But, good grief! I guess it felt like the seventh level of Hell because it was my first opening weekend as a supervisor and having everyone looking to me to 'fix it.'  What ever.  I survived.  I'm bruised, beaten and exhausted, but I survived.

The point of me telling you my opening day sob story is that being back at work means my blog time is severely limited.  Please know that I appreciate all the comments and that I do read them. I just won't always have time to respond to them.  Honestly, it's more like I don't have the coordination.  I've been reading your comments as I take the long walk from the car to my office area.  I can read and walk at the same time, (Sort of. I will admit - I have walked into a bush a time or two,) but I just don't have the coordination to walk and type at the same time.

Work was so crazy, I forgot I'd ordered yarn. Wow! That's crazy!

soft superwash merino and silk blend yarn in green, blue and white. Gorgeous yarn
Mosaic Tile, Expression Fiber Arts

How gorgeous is that?  And how on earth did I forget I'd ordered it?

Mosaic Tile yarn from Expression fiber arts
Mosaic Tile

The yarn is Mosaic Tile from Expression Fiber Arts and I don't think I've ever seen anything more beautiful. It's a superwash merino/silk blend and I'm just completely and totally head over heels in love with it.  I'm torn between immediately casting on with it or putting it under glass atop a pedestal. It's my all time favorite colors and I can't even describe how soft and pettable it is.  I can not wait to knit with it.... and  yet.... I'm sort of afraid to touch it.

I also can't decide what to knit. It deserves something special but I'm pretty low-key and don't wear 'fancy.'  I'm also thinking it might like to be beaded.  But would beads distract from it's beauty?  Would they be too much?  What do you think?  I'd love to hear your pattern suggestions.

Last but not least, I'd like to take a moment to thank Ginny at Small Things for hosting her Wednesday Yarn Along for so long.  I'm sad to see the feature end but I certainly understand her decision to stop hosting it. As for Ginny's timing, she couldn't have planned it better because I haven't read a single page all week!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous skein! You work at a theme park?? that is kind of exciting and mysterious :) I hope you do get some knitting time and blogging time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love my theme park job. I'm Cash Management Supervisor so I get to 'play' with the money, I'm inside in the a/c, away from the public & have a fantastic boss & great co-workers. Other than the crazy hours, I couldn't ask for a better job.

      Delete