Friday, March 10, 2017

Bitter old woman

I'm quickly turning into a bitter old woman.

coffee; coffee cup; coffee mug; caffeine addiction
courtesy of clipart-library.com

As of Monday, I stopped putting sugar in my coffee.

My husband, who is normally a firm believer in adding bacon grease & a about a half a cup of salt to every single thing he eats was apparently hypnotized by some food/diet related TV show he watched a few weeks ago.  For a little over a week the only, and I mean ONLY thing he would talk about was wheat belly and how bad sugar is for you and then he'd morph into a rant about processed foods.  He even brought home gluten free bread.

By the way, gluten free bread is not bread.  It's a cinder block. The reason it's better for you & you don't gain weight from it, or it doesn't make you sick, or what ever the hell it is that gluten supposedly does to you is because you won't actually eat it.

But back to the coffee.... I've been married to my dear sweet husband long enough to know that his little food obsession-melt down wouldn't last long.  But, being the worrier that I am, all I could think was, what if he does loose weight?  I must not allow him to be the healthy, skinny one.

So I decided to give up the sugar in my coffee.  Giving up my sweet coffee shouldn't be that big of a deal.  I used a little less than a teaspoon per cup. I doubted I'd really even notice the difference.

For the most part, I haven't noticed the difference.  At least, I don't notice the difference in each cup of coffee.  What I have noticed is the amount of coffee I'm drinking.  Before, with sugar, I was drinking close to two pots of coffee a day.  Now, without sugar, I get about half way through the third cup and all I really want is water.

You'd think that would be a good thing right?  But, damn if I'm not waking up extra early every morning with a killer caffeine withdrawal headache.

I swear, I'm turning into a bitter old woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment