Wednesday, June 22, 2016

New Fish

As I mentioned yesterday, I got a new fish and I'm oddly excited about it.  I've missed watching my old Beta fish swim around in his bowl.  Watching him was amazingly relaxing.

So anyway, I've been wanting to get a new fish for quite a while.  I've put it off though because the fish store is waaaaay on the other side of all the other stores I go to.  Buying a new fish would mean making a special trip, all the way to the other side of town, just for a $3.00 fish.

Adventures of a Beta fish and hand knitting a cowl for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits?ref=hdr_shop_menu
New Fish helps me knit a cowl

Yesterday, I got the brilliant idea of simply buying the fish then taking him with me to run errands and grocery shop.  I would have taken pictures of New Fish (he really needs a better name) at the bank, the craft store, the car parts shop and the grocery store (he's a very well-traveled fish!) but I was getting enough weird looks just walking around carrying a fish in a cup.  I was afraid of the attention I'd draw if I started taking pictures of our adventures.  I was also a little bit afraid of the nervous breakdown I might be giving him lugging him in and out of the car and all around so many places with weird sounds, smells (can fish smell?) and bumpy shopping carts.

New Fish seems to have survived this adventure yesterday and seems to like his new home.  He's a little freaked out over his plastic plant.  When his fins brush it as he swims past, he does that hyper "something touched me!" thing but hopefully he'll get used to it in a day or two.

Meanwhile, New Fish is enjoying watching me knit.  Me, knitting one row a day.  Good grief, I forgot how much of my knitting time the summer job takes up.


We also finished reading Black Woods.  I really enjoyed it and the surprise ending was... well, a surprise!  I totally expected it to go a different way.  And even the surprise ending had a surprise ending.  An ending which is making me consider calling out from work today so I can stay home & read the next book in the series.

Join Ginny's Yarn Along over at her blog, Small Things, to catch up on what others are knitting and reading.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on New Fish! New pets are always fun. I just added that book to my list. It sounds like one I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think New Fish is a perfectly good name. Then you could also get Old Fish and Blue Fish ... yes, you conjured up Dr. Seuss for me. I'm glad he survived his adventure and arrived home with you safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting day for New Fish! Love your cowl -- fun colors!

    ReplyDelete