Friday, February 19, 2016

Fascinating Friday

Today marks the beginning of a whole new adventure.  My baby boy turns 21 today.  As an over protective, helicopter parent, I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I suddenly feel older than dirt.  Knowing how I spent my own 21st birthday and knowing the stupid things a 21 year old boy can do, I'm slightly terrified.  On the other hand, we've raised Zack well and are extremely proud of the man he's become.

Zack Wiant
Zack, 3 months

Zack wears the right colors.

Zack Wiant
Zack, 1 year old

He's laid back, enjoys life and doesn't stress.

Zack Wiant driving a Mac dump truck
Zack driving the dump truck

He learned to drive and is responsible behind the wheel.

Zack Wiant canoes his sister around the yard after Gaston flooded Richmond
Canoeing in Gaston flood waters

Zack captains of his own ship and doesn't crumble under the weight of peer pressure.

Zack Wiant bowled his first 300 game
A perfect score

He taught himself how to bowl.

Zack Wiant won a bowling tournament
Tournament Winner

He's learned to win graciously,

Zack Wiant, one roll short of a perfect game of bowling
Heartbreak 

and how to handle disappointment just as well.

Zack Wiant loving on Minnie
A boy and his dog

He knows how to love.

Zack Wiant does his own taxes
Manning up at tax time

And Zack even does his own taxes.

We've raised a fairly responsible adult and I shouldn't worry.  I should celebrate the day.

Zack Wiant celebrates his 21st birthday

Happy 21st birthday, Zack.  May you live long, prosper early, laugh heartily and love deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment