Friday, October 30, 2015

On the needles

Another quick OTN post....

On the needles, deer cable hat being knit for https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
OTN 10/30/15

The start of a deer cable hat.  No pattern, just making it up as I go.  Well, I have a pattern for the cable (it's out of The Knitter's Handbook) but the hat itself is a totally spur of the moment, cast on a bunch of stitches and make it up as I go hat.  The jury is still out on whether it's a yay or nay project.  The cast on edge is curling just a tiny bit and part of me likes it and part of me thinks it looks like a horrible rookie mistake.  I'll keep knitting until I decide.

Well, I'm off to work.  It's the last weekend of the season.  Part of me is jumping for joy to reclaim some semblance of a normal life and part of me is sad to see it end.  I'll miss the people, not to mention the paycheck.

Meanwhile, I hope you all have a safe but fantastically fun & spooky Halloween.

Happy Halloween and trick or treating

No comments:

Post a Comment