Wednesday, October 28, 2015

On the needles

Today's OTN project...

OTN On the needles fair isle hat self striping yarn
OTN 10/28/15

A fake Fair Isle hat.  A fake Fair Isle hat that I'm trying to ignore.  It's supposed to be my At Work project but I'm loving the yarn and the striping so much, it's hard not to knit on it at home.

I'm not sure what I'm loving about it the most.  Self striping is always a good thing and the fake Fair Isle affect is even more appreciated.  I don't have my gauge exactly right so I'm not getting a perfect Fair Isle look, but that's okay.  Although the yarn is a sport weight, it knits up quickly, more like worsted weight.  That may have something to do with it's hairy alpaca content.  And, it's "cheap craft store yarn."  It's Yarn Bee's Fair Isle from Hobby Lobby.  And did I mention it contains alpaca?  Anyway, I'm loving the simplicity of this project and am having a really hard time saving it for an At Work project.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought some of this today- can’t wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete