Friday, October 23, 2015

On the needles

I'm excited about today's OTN project but I can't tell you much about it yet because it's a gift.  But  
soon....

on the needles, fingerless gloves for a gift for Amber and yarn from Knit Knot Studios.
OTN 10/23/15

The other thing I'm excited about is that yarn.  Oh my gosh!  I don't think I've ever loved a colorway as much.  The yarn is Falling For You from Knit Knot Studios.  The moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it.   And now that I have it, it is absolutely killing me not to be knitting a pair of socks with it.  I'm not allowing myself to ball the yarn though because I know that as soon as I do, I'll start knitting with it.  And before I knit a pair of socks for myself, I have a bit of Etsy and Christmas gift knitting to do.  Damn Christmas knitting!

On the plus side, I have scratched a few things off my Etsy shop knitting to-do list this week.

slouchy hat, tam, beanie for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Red Slouchy Hat

I photographed & listed this red slouchy hat.  You can tell I love knitting this design since I have several different color variations of it in my shop.

Watch Cap knit with bulky yarn for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Watch Cap

I've also finished several different sizes of this watch cap plus a matching cowl.  I love the yarn's colorway & I liked the yarn itself, but it's a super bulky yarn and super bulky yarns don't get along with my carpal tunnel issues.  It's a shame because I can knit for 14 hours straight to finish a hat in fingering weight yarn and my hands/wrists are fine, but I spend an hour or so knitting with bulky yarn and I have to wear the carpal tunnel wrist brace for the rest of the day and night.  It's the main reason you won't find very many bulky knits in my shop.

Okay, well, I'm off to go buy dog food.  I'd rather be home knitting, but the dogs are pretty excited about my plans.  They do like to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment