Saturday, December 27, 2014

Post Christmas hoop-la

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  We sure did.


Sarah helped Minnie & Max hang their stocking.  Minnie LOVES the stocking & what it means & wasn't very happy about sharing it this year.


 Zack helped his 4 legged siblings open their stocking.


Max was overjoyed to discover Santa had brought him a huge bone.  He was not overjoyed at having his picture taken though.  He does not like having the DSLR pointed at him.

If you are noticing a lack of human pictures, it's because I'm trying to honor the families wishes not to show up here on the blog.  Sarah will have to get over it though.  Here's what her cake stand cover hat looks like on.  Just ignore the weird, "please stop taking my picture" facial expression.


I was super excited to discover Sarah had gotten me the Buffy heart necklace we found in a consignment shop.


Sarah commented that she didn't remember Buffy wearing a heart necklace & I immediately responded, "Oh no, Buffy doesn't wear it.  Zander gave it to Cordellia for Valentines Day."  Then Sarah went off on a rant about how I can't remember her name half the time, but I know Zander's & Cordellia's and how they spent Valentines.  What can I say?  I'm a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan.  And I've been dying for a similar heart necklace ever since I first saw the episode.

I also got monogramed salt & pepper shakers from my friend Traci at Dogwood Shade Arts.


I also discovered that I can knit almost an entire hat & start a pair of matching fingerless gloves while sitting in Patient First.  My son broke his thumb at work late Christmas night and we spent yesterday, as in all freaking day yesterday (well, okay, to be honest, just a few minutes shy of six hours but that's almost all day) in Patient First getting him taken care of.  If we didn't catch the flu while we were there it will be a miracle.  I have never seen so many sick people in my life.  We hung out in the waiting room for about 3 hours & the whole time, there were at least six people having to stand while they waited because there weren't enough chairs for all the patients.  I can't complain about Patient First though.  They were just swamped with post-Christmas flu patients plus I guess it took a while to get the workers' comp approval to treat Zack.  What ever.  As long as we don't get the flu, I'm happy.  I got the hat finished (it only had ribbing when we arrived) plus I started the mitts and Zack got x-rayed & the break confirmed, bandaged (his knuckle was split open,  eeww!) splinted, an updated tetanus shot and several prescriptions for pain meds & an anti-inflammatory and we didn't pay a cent.  I was pretty impressed with Bowl America's workers' comp procedure.  And, luckily, it's Zack's left thumb so as long as he lays off the pain pills, he should be able to bowl without too much trouble.  And of course, go back to work.  I gotta hand it to the kid & his work ethic.  The doctor gave him a note so that he could stay out until Monday but he went in this morning.  Of course the big question is, can he do his job one handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment