Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Eve Eve

Things are starting to feel a bit less frantic.  Sort of.  The baby blanket bind off is complete.  It's this year's Christmas miracle!  The shopping is finished, eight batches of rum balls have been made, nine batches of cookies are cooling on the racks, there's a cake in the oven and there's a plan in place for delivering the gifts.  I think, thanks to a great deal of help from my daughter, we are ready for Christmas.

Okay, so I know this blog is supposed to be about knitting and it's been a week, maybe more, since I've posted any pictures of anything remotely knitting related but today won't be the day to break the streak.  I'd planned to show pictures of the finished baby blanket but Someone accidently forgot to turn off the camera the last time it was  used and the battery is beyond dead.  I'm just glad I discovered this today rather than tomorrow night in the midst of the Christmas festivities.

What I do have pictures of is,


Our tree.

A house that I hope made the tacky lights house tour.


And a human Christmas tree.  While shopping the other night, Sarah & I stopped off at a Chili's to grab a bite to eat.  Seated near us was a large group who were all dressed... festively.  Not quite as festive as the tree person, but festive.  At one point, they all stood up, sang a Christmas Carol & danced around.  It was a Christmas carol flash mob!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment