Saturday, March 16, 2024

Insanity

I know I've said it before but...  What is wrong with me??


Because I'm too lazy to wind the yarn for the project that I really want to make, I decided to start knitting another blanket.  I'm calling it the Insanity Blanket because, obviously, I've gone completely insane.  

I'm using scrap fingering weight yarn and US2 needles.  Have I mentioned I've gone completely insane??

I've based the pattern on Knit Pick's Hue Shift, but I've made a few modifications of my own.  I'm still using two colors per mitered square, but there's no plan for what colors come next.  I'll use one skein until it runs out and change the contrasting color for each square.  I'm also going to knit the entire blanket in one piece rather than in Hue Shift's four pieces that have to be grafted together.  I'm also using a differnt number of cast on stitches since mine is using fingering and Hue Shift calls for worsted. 

I also plan for this blanket to fit over a queen size bed.  

And all of this because I'm too lazy to wind one skein of yarn.  Good grief!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I've gone completely insane.

Meanwhile, spring has sprung here in Virginia and I've been thankful to spend some time outdoors.


Time outdoors with Hayden.  She loves her trampoline! 


She turned four recently and I can not get over how much more skilled she is this year than last.  Last year she couldn't figure out how to pedal any of her riding things and this year,  well, let's just say, Nana is taking up running again in an effort to keep up with her on that bike.  

Oh, and she blew out her candles on the first try this year instead of just spitting on the cake!  My little grandbaby is growing up so fast!


3 comments:

  1. First let me thank you for the offer on the needles. I've got some on the way and they should be here soon but you are so kind to think of me.
    I hear you about the winding. I just had a marathon winding day myself because I've been putting it off for so long. I've got a Hue Shift kit on my shelf that I hope to get to if I ever finish Audun.
    Four? Already. I remember when she was born. Time sure does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, change your perspective on this new project a bit -- you're using up scraps and leftovers! It's a stash-busting project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe she is four already! time is flying by. I love when I cast on something that is not on my knitting list, it's a lovely rabbit hole!

    ReplyDelete