Thursday, April 28, 2022

Still knitting

I'm still knitting and freaking out over having enough merchandise to sell at the Strawberry and Wine festival in two weeks.  And, I'm still enjoying my new job but boy! It sure takes up a lot of time.


Besides all the things I'm making over and over and over again for the festival, I've been knitting this beachy shawl.  I don't have an actual pattern but it is loosely based on Reyna.  I got the yarn at Hobby Lobby last year.  It's Yarn Bee, Authentic Hand-Dyed Tiger's Eye.  It looks nothing like a tiger's eye to me.  I think it's quite beachy looking.  I've been very pleased with the yarn.  I'll admit, I'm a bit of a yarn snob, specially when it comes to shawl yarn, but this yarn has been a joy to work with.  It's the second project I've made with Yarn Bee's Authentic Hand-Dyed wool and I've been happy with both projects. 

I'm hoping I can get the shawl finished and blocked in time to take to the festival but.... It can be tricky blocking large items with Hayden in the house.  The dining room table is the only place big enough for shawl blocking and Hayden is a very curious young lady.

But now, it's time to go put that new shirt on and go to work.

And if you are reading this, thank you for sticking with me.  I know my posts have been pretty eratic lately and they will most likely continue to be for a while.  I'm sorry about that but I sure do appreciate you being here.  If it weren't for you, I'd just be some crazy lady talking to herself.  So, until next time...

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you are able to get anything done at all with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beachy to me, too! Could you just steam block it, so you don't need to have a space to leave it to dry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may be eratic, but they are still a joy to read :)

    ReplyDelete