Monday, June 4, 2018

Makers' Monday

I'm hoping this post improves as time passes.  As it stands, although this is Monday's post, I'm typing it on Saturday night.  Saturday night while I'm a bit more focused on the Caps' game than I am the computer screen and I have a few celebratory drinks under my belt.  And, as I type this, the post is currently photoless.  I'm hoping I remember to take a few shots tomorrow before I head into work.  We will see.

But shots of what, you ask?  Well, I've knit a sleeve and a half on my So Faded sweater.  Well, okay... honestly, I have a sleeve and a quarter.  Maybe closer to an eighth.  The point is, I've started the second sleeve.  I'm making progress. 


Fade sweater knit with Knit Picks Hawthorne fingering weight washable wool
So Faded

The second sleeve is knitting up a little slower than the first.  I decided to use the Arleta colorway for the sleeves instead of fading them.  Although my Arleta skeins are the same dye lot and were ordered at the same time, they are very different from each other. 

photo courtesy of twitter.com

Woot!  Woot!  We scored again!!

Sorry.  I'm a little excited.  And a lot distracted.

Anyway....  The first sleeve was a big old beautiful mess of fluctuating color and the second sleeve was coming out all stripey.  Luckily I had a partial skein left over so I'm alternating the rows.  No more stripey affect.  Knitting time wise, it's no different but untangling the twisted yarn time wise....


Started knitting the 2nd sleeve on my So Faded Sweater
Second Sleeve

But it's fine if the sweater is taking me longer than planned.  You might be sick of looking at it but I'm Loving knitting with the Hawthorne yarns and I'm quite pleased with the way the sweater is turning out.  And it's June.  I won't be wearing it anytime soon!


Mad Hatters' challenge - knit 52 hats in a year
Hat #19

And, after a two month break in my knit-a-hat-a-week plan, I've finally cast on another hat.  This hat will be number 19 out of 52.  Luckily I was way ahead of the game and now I'm only four hats behind schedule.  I can come back from that.  I'm not totally defeated yet.

And now, back to the Caps game....

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the hockey. Sadly, for us ....the season wasn't quite long enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry! But I'm SO excited for my Caps. First time they've been this close to the cup. I've quickly turned into one of those horribly annoying fans. :)

      Delete
  2. I am at 20 of 52, which puts me 2 behind, but with an upcoming plane ride to Florida and a 17 hour drive home, I think I will find time to get some hats done! Perfect project while being held hostage in a car!! The sweater will be gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't mobile hostage situations great for knitting? I cast mine on because my daughter & I had a full day of errands to run & she was planning on driving.

      Delete
  3. Love your So Faded - the colors are so good! I've been toying with the idea of a Fade shawl of some kind...we'll see.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Faded is one of the best patterns out there, and yours is turning out really pretty. I always spend a lot of time managing multiple skeins. I can't seem to work out a system!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your faded sweater! great gradient of colors :)

    ReplyDelete