Thursday, March 19, 2015

TBT - Snakes alive!

It's Throwback Thursday!

TBT

It's TBT & I'm looking back to when my niece & nephew were young & I had a pet snake, Charlie.  I'm not sure how long ago the photo was taken but my nephew now has a child of his own not much younger than him in the photo.  I'm guessing it was somewhere around 1985 - 1987.

One of my favorite things about this photo is that if you look closely, you can see my niece is wearing a shark bracelet on her ankle.  Shark bracelets were a summer tradition in our family.  Every spring/summer, just days before it got warm enough to hit the beach and/or before the pool opened (because you never knew - there might be sharks in the pool,) we made shark bracelets.  And although we wore them on our ankles, we called them bracelets.  And we wore them religiously.  And they worked!  Year after year, they kept us safe from rogue sharks.

So, are you wondering why I had a pet snake when I'm terrified of snakes?  I went through a phase where I faced my fears.  If it scared me, I did it.  Thankfully, the phase didn't last long.

1 comment: