Friday, March 6, 2015

Magic

I finished the ragland sweater just minutes ago.


Obviously, the ends still need to be woven in, but I was rushing to get a picture while there was still a tiny bit of daylight left.

In my head, I've been calling this sweater "the brown ragland" but it's now officially, "the magic ragland."  I mentioned in my last post how I was going to have 400+ yards of yarn left over.  Well, the official number is closer to 800 yards of excess yarn.  And that's taking into consideration that I used a contrasting color for the cuffs & neckband.  Once again, weird, wild stuff.

Another weird, wild thing...


Mother Nature.  We had another winter storm yesterday.  It started off as freezing rain then turned to sleet then turned to heavy snow.


The wind was blowing pretty hard the whole time so the snow drifted a bit.  The drifts skew the measurements a little, but on average, we ended up with 5 inches in the backyard and almost 8 in the front.


But what I find to be so weird & wild is that 20 miles down the road, the snow didn't even fully cover the grass and 40 miles further didn't even see the first snow flake.  Maybe Mother Nature new I needed an uninterrupted knitting day yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. So is it the sweater which is magic, or the yarn? I need to go read yesterday's post (which I missed) to find out!)

    ReplyDelete