Thursday, September 25, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Bad Hair 2

Last week's TBT photo was my toddler version of a bad hair day.


Unfortunately, things didn't improve with age.

To keep this post knitting related, I'd like to mention that my mom knit the sweater I was wearing in that photo.  I LOVED that sweater!!  It was knit with the finest shetland wool.  It must have had a gazillion stitches in it, which of course, I didn't appreciate at the time.  What I did appreciate was how soft it was and how it didn't itch and how it was the creamiest yellow you've ever seen with tiny flecks of darker yellow, almost orange.  I would give my eye teeth to be able to knit myself an adult version with that same  yarn.

And of course, I'm sure my mom did not appreciate it when a goat chewed a giant hole in the sweater while I pet another goat at the petting zoo that came to the local shopping mall.  I don't remember Mom crying, but I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment