Monday, June 25, 2012

Marvelous Monday & Plastic Cups

I can't believe that my favorite thing to ramble on about this week is a plastic cup.  Obviously, I have simple tastes.  But my new plastic cup from Walmart is awesome!


For several years, I've been using my Run Like a Girl sports drink bottle for all things cold but sadly, it's been leaking for the last few months.  I love the bottle - it's cute & has a pretty blue flower on it, but I was getting pretty tired of wearing my drink every time I tipped it up to drink.  So the other day, while at Wallyworld with my daughter, she pointed out a display of plastic cups.  They came in several different colors & styles.  Sarah got a blue one that doesn't sweat - supposedly.  I'm not sure she's used hers yet.  Mine is obviously red & is freezable.  It has some kind of gel in between the layers of cup and you put it in the freezer, the gel freezes, then your drink stays cold without the need for ice.  It works great!  The cup itself does sweat a bit, but your hand stays dry due to the rubber ring thing around the cup.  Dry hands are important to me.  I have no idea why, but I HATE having wet hands.  I'm a little bit OCD about it.

Oh, & the other thing I like about my new cup - it makes me feel like Nancy Botwin from Weeds.  She was always walking around with a big cup in her hand.  I also have to say, I rather admire her.  Granted, her claim to fame is being a pot dealer, but she does it with entrepreneurial  style.  She discovers she has a talent for something and she goes for it.  She's willing to learn as she goes.  She makes mistakes & recovers.  She never quits.  She never gives up.  Frankly, I like her style.  Anyway, every time I pick up my cup, I think of Nancy Botwin.

In knitting news, I'm almost finished with the mitered square table runner.  I've just got one and a half sides of the border left to do.  I'll post photos in the next few days.  I'm really happy with the way it's turning out.

Remember the baby blanket I knit & promised to post pictures "tomorrow"?  "Tomorrow" being so long ago I couldn't even find the post?  Sheesh.  Anyway, I finally took a picture.


I used an old Mac & Me pattern and Schachenmayer Nomotta Grande yarn for the body and Cascade's Ultra Pima for the ruffle.  The Grande had been in my stash for quite a few years and needed to be used up.   I realize that tan is an odd color for a blanket for a baby girl, but when I started knitting it, we didn't know the baby's sex yet & I was convinced it would be a boy.  But, the peach ruffle girlies it up a bit and the parents of the baby are both outdoorsy so it should be okay.

And now, I'm cutting this short.  The TV is suddenly screaming at me that we are having a tornado.  Better go put my shoes on & take cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment