Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bigger on the Inside

Finally - a photo of my version of Bigger on the Inside.


I can't believe it took me so long to load the photo.  Sarah & I are both happy with the way it turned out.  As you may have guessed, it turned out not to be a surprise for Sarah.  After seeing other people's, I had started to worry about my choice of yarns and showed it to Sarah after only a few repeats of the lace. She seemed okay, although not 100% positive, with the yarn color.  I proceeded with slight trepidation.   We were both concerned about the slight green fleck/tinge the yarn has but in the end, we are both pleased and Sarah even said she's glad we stuck it out, and that she likes the color even more than the original pattern's photograph.  Hurray!!

And since I've talked about the yarn so much, I'm sure you are wondering what was used.  I used a little over two skeins of Knit Picks Palette in Marine Heather and a USA #2 needle.  I am totally in love with the Marine Heather color way.  It's navy blue with a bit of green mixed in.  And occasionally, there's a blip of purple.  But as with most heathers, you have to look closely, very, very closely, to notice any color other than blue.  I'm so glad that I over-ordered the yarn because I have enough left over to make myself a hat & mittens.  Actually, I have enough left over to make a second shawl.   Hmmm, maybe I'll save it for the Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl.  Which, Argh!  The first installment of pattern instructions comes out on the day we leave town for a big bowling tournament.  If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

And yes.  It's Memorial Day weekend here in the ol' US of A and yes, that is a Christmas apron hanging on the door in the background.  Why, I have no idea.  I woke up one morning and there it was.  It was such an odd thing to be hanging on an upstairs door, in the middle of April, that I left it there.  It's not because my housekeeping skills are so pathetic or anything.  Nope!  It's because it's such an odd thing to find when you wake up in the morning.  It's sort of become art.  That, and I'm curious to see how long it stays before someone else decides to remove it.  Besides, maybe it will still be there in December & I won't have to decorate for Christmas!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment