Friday, October 28, 2011

Never say Never

Remember my recent blocking snafu?  When I accidently blocked a semi-circle into a triangle?  Well, the snafu turned out to be a good thing.  Yep, I'm channeling Martha once again.

Or at least I thought it was a good thing.  Until I saw photos.


When I hold it up in front of me and take a long hard look at the blocking results, those dragon teeth points are nice and ruffly and look great.  But when photographed....  they look like I did a horrible job with the blocking.

So, I'm trying to remember.  Was the wind blowing?  I don't think so.  I do remember that I was horribly hot & we were photographing shawls and thick, warmer than Hell itself cowls.  I don't recall any breeze at all.  Maybe the dragon teeth were hung up & sticking to my shirt in a weird way.  Except they look all snaggled toothed in every picture taken.

I still love the way the dragon teeth ruffle when I hold the shawl up in front of me though.

So what to do?  Reblock or name this the Snaggled Tooth Shawlette?

Btw, if you are looking for a modeling career and your butt is smaller than mine (and whose isn't??) please get in touch.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it - not being a knitting critic I think the shawl looks perfect - the points look ruffly to me. And yes, the idea of a shawl that is nearly not there is intriguing to me - is it a nod to modesty? gentle insurance against cool breezes, or is it a fashion piece and not meant to be functional?

    PS - your butt looks fine!

    ReplyDelete