Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The joy of knitting pi

The pi shawl is progressing.  Slowly.

An Elizabeth Zimmermann lace pi shawl knit with Tanis Fiber Arts Pink Label lace yarn.
Pi shawl 3/25/15
 Seven more rows and I increase again.  Increase up to 576 stitches per round.

Tanis Fiber Arts Pink Label lace weight yarn knit into a simple EZ pi shawl
Pi Shawl knit with Tanis Fiber Arts Pink Label
And I thought my progress has been slow up to this point.  Just wait for the slug crawl of 576 stitches per round.  Oh, the joys of knitting pi.

Another joy of this shawl... picking the dog hair out of it.  I dropped it on the floor & Max promptly rolled over onto it.  And it's that time of year when Max sheds about three pounds of hair a day.  Oh, the joys....

A simple lacy Elizabeth Zimmermann pi shawl knit with Tanis Fiber Arts Pink Label
Coffee and pi
It will be worth it in the end though.  Know why?  Because look!  Look how well my pi matches my favorite coffee cup.  Five or six years from now when this bad boy shawl is finished, I'll be so freaking stylish & matchy-matchy wearing my pi & drinking my coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Pardon my ignorance...what are those pin-looking-thingies on the pi shawl???

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're stitch markers marking the rows where the increases happen. They help keep track of how many rows have been knit.

    ReplyDelete