Sunday, August 6, 2017

National Sister's Day

It's National Sister's Day and I'm shouting out to the best sister a girl could have.

The best sister, helping me move into my first college dorm at Radford University in 1980.

She may be ten years older and growing up, was frequently more like a mom than a sister, but she's the best!  Thanks for always being there for me, Cary.  Thank you for never killing me for playing in your makeup, thank you for allowing me to tag along on a few of your dates, and thank you for introducing me to 'real' music such as the Stones, Three Dog Night and Crosby, Stills & Nash long before my peers were tuning in.  You helped shape my life in ways you'll never know.

The scary part of this holiday is, how is it possible that the most recent photo I have of the two of us together is from the fall of 1980 when I went off to college? And why was I taking all those plants with me?



2 comments:

  1. sisters are simply the best! I have one and I get closer to her each and every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 9 years older than my youngest brother, and the age gap has never been a problem!

    ReplyDelete