Thursday, September 17, 2015

The easy path to Halloween decorating

Well, my life just got easier.  The outside of my house is decorated for Halloween & I didn't have to lift a finger.

Halloween decorating and a garden spider
Mr. Spider

I did scream just a little bit & do the Holy Freaking Cow dance in the driveway.

As you can see, we have a new visitor.  I think I'd feel safer with the bear.

I know, I know.  Before you go all PETA on me, I know Mr. Spider is eating bugs and ...  Well, that's the only good thing I can think of about spiders.  But this guy.... he's HUGE and he's white with glowing orange legs and those legs move...  Good Lord!  Spiders creep me out so badly with the way they move their legs.  I can't even type this properly because just the thought of the way spider legs move is making me twitch.  I've decided to let him live though.  Mainly because my husband isn't home help me load the gun.

In other non-knitting news, it's been an exciting week.  Both dogs went for their annual checkups and while I'm officially broke now, they both passed.  And even more exciting than that - Minnie is too skinny!  She's been on a diet for the last several years and she has somehow managed to exceed her goal weight.  Per doctor's orders, she needs to put three pounds back on.  Max is extremely jealous.  As am I.

The other exciting bit of news.... my daughter, the pathetically math challenged daughter, finished her first college math class with an A-.  I am SO proud of her!

Now, let's move on to knitting news...

knitting North Pole socks and Autumn in Alta poncho
OTN 09/17/15

I just realized my North Pole socks match my Autumn in Alta poncho.  Both the socks and the poncho are coming along.  The socks, a little slower than I'd hoped.  I've been keeping them as an at-work project & work was much busier last weekend than expected.  As for the poncho, it's fairly boring knitting, just rounds and rounds of stockinette with an increase row thrown in every so often.    The pattern has three sections of increase rounds and I'm almost finished the second section so I tell myself I don't have much farther to go.  A teeny tiny part of my brain keeps reminding me that the poncho is gaining stitches with each increase round and that, based on stitch count, I'm not even close to the halfway point yet.  That thought is hanging out there in my brain with the memory of Mr. Spider.  Luckily, I'm pretty good at slamming doors shut inside my head.  They don't call me the Queen of Denial for nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment