Saturday, November 1, 2014

Giving Thanks

Each year several friends send me Facebook challenges to post something I'm thankful for each day in November.  For years & years, I've done this in my journal so you'd think it would be simple to remember to post my thankfulness to Facebook.  Nope, every year, I get a few days or weeks into the project & forget to post.  One day without posting leads to another day and before you know it, it's Easter & I'm realizing that I'm a total failure at being publicly thankful.  So this year I decided to do something different.  This year I'll post here on the blog instead.  I'm not sure it will help but a girl can dream.  Right?

So.... today, November 1st, I'm thankful that it is the last Saturday the theme park where I work will be open this season.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I love the people at my job & the uncomfortable uniform shorts are worth the paycheck.  But I am SO looking forward to a weekend off.  Multiple weekends in a row off!  Ahhh.... the glory of being able to go to a Saturday morning yard sale....  Okay, so I don't really care for yard sales, specially early on a Saturday morning.  But the point is, I could go to one if I wanted.  I do care about going to various festivals & craft fairs & weekend barbecues & going to bars to watch friends' bands play.  I can't wait for next weekend!  Next weekend I will be spending my money instead of counting someone else's money.  So, thank you End of Season!



No comments:

Post a Comment