Saturday, May 31, 2014

Serendipitous Octopi

How cute is this octopus?


I love it when serendipity steps into my life.  The other day at work one of the supervisors was talking about a cute octopus.  I only briefly overheard a tiny bit of the conversation but it stuck with me because you don't often hear the words "cute" & "octopus" used together.  When I got home, I checked my email & guess what I found - a free knitting pattern for a mini octopus.  It was fate.   I had to knit one.

I would love to include a link to the octopus's pattern designer but I don't have any idea who emailed me the pattern (I can't seem to locate it in my deleted emails) and the web address listed on pattern I downloaded doesn't exist.  If you recognize the pattern as being yours, please let me know.  I'd love to give the designer credit.  It was a super easy pattern that only took a few hours to knit.  Actually, it would have taken a lot less time if I was more organized & didn't have to search madly for my dpns & sewing needle.

By the way, have I mentioned how much I love my job?


Yesterday was a super slow day so, rather than doing what I'm paid to do, I got to spend most of the day knitting & reading.  I haven't had much time to work on the Christmas socks mentioned here but I am almost ready to start the heel.  And that means, it's crunch time.  The more I look at the sock, the more it looks like a wine bottle bag.  The question is, if this sock becomes a bag, what will I do with the second sock skein of yarn?  Decisions, decisions.  It's a lot of pressure to be under.

So, if you have any thoughts on Christmas socks vs. wine bottle bag, or if you recognize the octopus, please get in touch through the Comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment