Sunday, March 4, 2012

No photos

I've got no photos to show.  None at all, actually.  I'm quite distressed.  Three years worth of photos were hanging out in my i-photo program.  Three years of un-backed-up photos, I should say.  The other day I went to retrieve an old  photo and nothing.  Nothing!  Nothing before 2012.  Granted, most of the photos were of knitting projects, my daughter's tongue or my son with his hand in front of his face.  There really weren't all that many "special" pictures in there, but still, there were a few.  And they are gone.  Just plain gone.  No where to be found.  Just. Plain. Gone.  I'm so heartbroken I'm speechless.

In knitting news, there isn't much I can talk about at the moment.  I did finish the green lacy shawl that screamed daffodils and summer gardens at me.  I believe you can see it up there in the little shop photo thingy there at the top of the page.  I was quite pleased with the finish results.  It was nice and big - 72 inches across if I remember correctly.  I loved the colors and the planned variety of plain rows between the lacy rows.  Of course, I don't get to wear it because I put it in the shop.  If I can get more yarn, I may have to make another one for myself.

I also finished the secret stealth project mentioned in the last blog post.  I'm pretty excited to be done with it for many reasons.  Mainly because it was loooooong over due.  It turned out to be one of those procrastination projects where I DREAD starting it, but once I do, I get on a roll and crank it out without a hitch & in a much shorter time period than expected.  I have a love/hate relationship with those projects.  I love that they turn out so well and I always scold myself for procrastinating on it in the first place.  I tell myself I'll never procrastinate on anything ever again and then the next dreaded project comes a long and a year later, I'm still procrastinating.  Do you think I'll ever really learn the lesson?

It's just occurring to me.....  I've already packaged the stealth project up to be mailed tomorrow but I forgot to take decent photos.  Oops.  I have a couple of blurry shots in bad lighting but that's all.  Oh well.  I'm not going to unpack it and destroy the mailer just to get better photos.  I probably should, but I won't.  Maybe the receiver will take some photos and send them to me.  Anyway, I'll  post the bad, blurry pics in a few days.  Got to give the mail a little time because I would like it to be a surprise.  Although honestly, the project is so overdue, the recipient would probably never realize it was for her if she saw it here first.

In Etsy shop news, I finally broke down and bought a shop banner.  That was another one of those procrastination projects that has been on the to-do list since August of 2011.   I'd attempted to create my own but never got very far with that idea.  I had a very vague idea of what I wanted but no idea how to actually capture the image.  I'd thought about assigning the project to my kids, but I never could seem to remember to discuss it with them when we were both awake and at home with time to work on it.  I'd been kicking around the idea of hiring someone to make it for me, but who?  I finally asked my Disco Ball team on Etsy. (Don't ask.  Just know they are a FANTASTIC support group with a great sense of humor.)  In less than 24 hours of asking if anyone could recommend someone, I had a brand new banner sitting in my email inbox.  And a new avatar.  The avatar was a freebie that came with the banner & I wasn't planning on using it, but it turns out, I really, really like the avatar.  So, if you find yourself in need of a banner &/or avatar & don't feel like making it yourself, go talk to Jak.  She was super to work with!  And she's a Pirates of the Carribean/Johnny Depp fan.  Can't ask for more than that!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hate it when photos go missing! Do you have many elsewhere? Blog or flickr or Picasa? Could your iPhoto have synced with something and put them all there?

    Whatever happened- I hope you find them!

    ReplyDelete