Sunday, January 29, 2012

An Unnamed Post

Unfortunately, there's not much knitting progress to report.  I went for over 48 hours this week without knitting.   At all!  That is totally unheard of for me.  Instead of knitting, I read the fourth & fifth books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.  Thank goodness I've been able to find a few of the books at the library because if I had to buy them all, it would severely cut into my yarn budget.  I'm a little worried about how I'll survive tonight.  I finished the fifth book this morning & will be picking the sixth one up at the library tomorrow.  How will I survive the night without a book?  Of course, I have several hundred other books on the shelves waiting for me, but I don't want to start one of those yet.  I want to finish the BDB series first.

Let's see, what else have I been doing to fill the time?  Several days were spent in utter immobile panic over how lengthy my to-do list was becoming.  For the first time ever, I sat down & made one of those four-zoned lists with sections called Important & Urgent, Important but not Urgent, Urgent but not Important & lastly, Not Important nor Urgent.  I had a little trouble placing a few items that I really want to accomplish in that last category, but if I'm honest with myself, neither of the things are important or urgent. They are simply things I want.  Other than that, the list was fairly easy to make and I can not verbalize the sense of tranquility that came over me once it was done.  I now have a very clear picture of what needs to be done and when.  Or at least, which tasks need to come first.  I have to admit, it's a bit of a relief to give up worrying about sending out my Christmas cards this week since they are neither important nor urgent.  And yes, my Christmas cards.  I'm a bit late.  Seems to be a not-so-new tradition for me.  For the last few years, I sent Christmas themed cards at Easter.

I've also spent a lot of time worrying about my growing butt & gut lately.  I haven't run in almost a year and I really miss it.  Apparently I don't miss it enough to get out there & do it, but....   But I do miss it.  I miss the post run calmness.  I miss the excellent nightly sleeping, I miss the energy it gave me even as it calmed me.  I keep telling myself I'm going to go back to running but something always seems to get in the way.  I was even dressed for it the other day but I had to go rescue Hubby who'd locked his keys in the car.    Actually, that one was probably the only real excuse I've had.  All the others were pretty flimsy.   The other night, I "ran" the grocery cart across the parking lot back to it's corral.  While that tiny bit of "running" left me embarrassingly breathless, it felt great!  It made my legs realize just how much they missed it.  So today, I went for a walk.  I know.  Not a run, but hey - at least I got up out of this chair.  My plan is to walk at least 4 times a week for a few weeks then start running again.  I figure if I start now, I'll be capable of really running about the time summer hits & it's 100 degrees with 100% humidity outside.  Something to look forward to.

Today's walk did give me an idea of something to knit though.  More about that in a future blog.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, running. I remember it fondly, too. I need and want to get back out there. But when? Cheering you on out in cyberland - one of us MUST get started and I bet the other follows!

    ReplyDelete