Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dead battery

I'm blaming the lateness of this post on a dead camera battery.  It has absolutely nothing to do with me binge watching the final season of the Gilmore Girls all day.  Nope, Gilmore Girls wasn't the cause.  The dead camera battery was.  That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Today's #todayonmyneedles is something secret that I can't show pictures of yet and while the mohair scarf is coming along, you can only look at so many pictures of a gray garter stitch rectangle before you blow your brains out.  So....


Instead of another gray rectangle, we have Sarah modeling the It's Only Make Believe cowl.  If you turn it upside down, you see mostly color instead of the magenta but I wasn't about to ask Sarah to take it off, turn it upside down & put it back on.  It was hard enough getting her to agree to let me take this picture.  As much as the girl likes clothes, she does not like to model them.  At least not for the camera.


We also have the finished Lagoa, which I absolutely love!  I've been wearing it around the house for the last couple of days because our heating unit got a bad case of the flu & needed medical attention.  We tend to keep the temperature turned down fairly low in the winter anyway, but with no heat at all.... it was a bit chilly in here.  Lagoa helped keep me nice and warm.  Granted, it looks a little weird with my pajamas....  Yeah, I can't say that beaded lace, paint stained sweatpants & a 20 year old t-shirt is a good look for me, but I was comfortable.

So...  Gilmore Girls.  Is/was anyone else out there as emotionally tied up into that show as I have been?  Good grief!  I can't get over how obsessed with that show I've been.  And I can't believe it's over.  I feel totally lost without the Gilmores to hang out with.  Of course, I may get a few to-do list items accomplished now that they've gone from my Netflix que, but....  Man, it's only been a few hours, but I miss the Gilmores.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah looks lovely. She should model all of your knitwear. And the cowl does sound comfy and warm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's the weirdest kid ever. She doesn't like the idea of her photo being on the internet. She doesn't even Facebook!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! And yes, I was a bit obsessed with Gilmore Girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's grown up a bit since the last time you saw her. Oy with the poodles, already! :)

      Delete