Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hens & Nikons


My hen sock is almost


hen socks.  If today goes as planned, I will have a finished pair of hen socks by bedtime.

And just because I love the colorway so much and can't get enough of it.... one more shot.


So, what am I thankful for today, you ask?  Today, I am very thankful for my Nikon DSLR.  No, I don't know how to use it properly.  Yes, I have to either ask my daughter or check in with Google every time I want to change a setting.  No, I haven't had much time to get to know the camera.  Yes, I would love to take a class, or at least read the how-to book I bought.  So, if I'm so ignorant about it, why am I so thankful for it?  Because, do you remember film?  I do.  My photography skills weren't any better back then.  And back then, back in the stone age days of film, you took 12, 24 or 36 photos, took the roll of film to the store to be developed, and then waited a week to fork over a few bucks to learn that only one or two of the shots were clear & in focus.  Today, with the DSLR, I can snap a zillion pictures of my foot, delete the obviously out of focus ones, plug the camera into my computer, look at the remaining bunch, highlight a few to save & presto-magic, have a blog post with photos in a matter of minutes.  Plus, another wonderful, unadvertised feature of my Nikon DSLR....  one of the dogs, the gassy one, is afraid of it.  When he starts having "issues,"  all I have to do is take one picture of him.  He immediately leaves the room.  I think it's a much kinder response than constantly telling him he stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment