Thursday, February 16, 2012

We're having a baby!

No, that wasn't an earthquake.  It was me jumping up & down with excitement.  We're having a baby!

Well, okay, not "we" as in Hubby & I, but the family.  I'm not naming names because I understand bosses haven't been told yet, but there's going to be a baby in the family!!   I'm so excited!  My daughter, who is now 15, is the current "baby" in the family.  In other words, it's been a long, long time since we've had a baby to hug & snuggle & love on.  And other people's babies are even more exciting because you can give them back when they smell funny, won't stop crying or you just want to knit instead of hugging & snuggling the baby.

And the knitting....  Ooooh!  The baby knitting possibilities.....  There's socks & booties to be knit.  Sweaters and blankets.  Maybe a dress or a dolly.  Knitted blocks & balls.  Stuffed animals. More hats & booties & blankets and sweaters.  And of course by the time one project is finished, the baby has grown & needs a larger one so you get to start all over again.

Oh, the excitement!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting! Congratulations- I love knitting baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete