Thursday, April 10, 2014

63,297

As you might guess from the title, I finished binding off the Wendy Knits Pi shawl.  And yes, my version has 63,297 stitches in it.  I'm a little surprised by that number.  It felt like more.


The pattern was a breeze to knit but it did start to drag on about half way through.  Probably because of all that white.  It wasn't the most stimulating of yarn choices.  I got a little lazy/impatient there at the end & stopped knitting 4 rows short of finishing the pattern's instructions.  But, I do like it.  It was the perfect pattern for that yarn and I can't wait to see it blocked.

The blocking process could get interesting.  I'm not sure I have enough blocking mats.  As is, the shawl measures 44 inches across.  I expect it will grow another 15 - 20 inches in width during the blocking process.  I may have to wait for my husband to go out of town so I can use our bed.  I wouldn't mind spending a night on the couch in the name of pretty lace, but I don't think  the spouse would feel the same.

Here's a close up of a few of the unblocked lace panels.


Okay, so unblocked it looks horrible but I'm still having fun playing with the new camera.

Here's a photo of the yarn when I started.


And here's what's left over.


And because I'm still playing with the camera, here's a photo of my lone daffodil.


What the heck is wrong with me?  I'm southern.  I live in the south.  Why can't I grow a yard full of daffodils?  The neighbors all have them.  The interstate's median looks like a scene from Holland.  My yard?  One daffodil.  One!  Or maybe it's not even a daffodil.  Maybe it's a jonquil.  I'm really not even sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment