Saturday, March 15, 2014

New toys

I got a new toy and I am so excited.


I finally broke down and bought a new camera.  I've been wanting this baby for quite a while but it really wasn't in the budget.  I finally said to heck with the budget & splurged.  Now, if I can just figure out how to use it....   Actually, it seems to be pretty simple to use.  It pretty much does everything for me, at least in automatic mode.  When not in automatic mode, it practically does my dishes for me!  If it would only attach the carrying strap to itself....  Of all the things I can't figure out...  Good grief!

In knitting news, I finally finished knitting the fair isle scarf.  I still need to kitchner the ends together but that much kitchnering is going to take a certain stage of zen.  Before I tackle that project, I need more sleep and a quieter household.

To celebrate finishing the fair isle, rather than picking back up the chevron scarf mentioned here, I started something new.


I'm pretty excited about this project.  It's a Wendy Knits pi shawl.  I love Wendy's patterns.  They are always well written, easy to follow, and knit up quickly although the finished product looks complicated.  But what I'm most excited about this time is the yarn.  This yarn has been crankier than a underfed, sleep deprived teenager.  I bought the yarn at Goodwill quite sometime ago & have tried to knit a zillion different things with it.  Scarves, hats, gloves, shawls...  You name, I've tried to knit one with this yarn.  Each time, the yarn has screamed, "NO!  You can't make me be a ...."  Nothing has ever looked good.  Before this pi shawl, that is.  The yarn & I are both quite happy to finally figure out what it wants to be.

Another benefit to knitting the pi shawl - I'm finally using my Caspian needles.  I LOVE these needles.  Besides the fact that they are made from my absolute favorite colors, their pointy ends are perfect for lace.

Meanwhile, the Irish music countdown continues.  Today's song is Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues.  I discovered this song while watching the movie, PS, I love you, which I highly recommend if you are looking to both laugh & cry at the same time.  It also claims a fabulous soundtrack & is a wonderful movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment