Friday, March 7, 2014

Nacho Night


There’s been progress on both the rainbow chevron & the fair isle scarves, but not enough on either to bother photographing, so, instead of talking about knitting....

It was Nacho Night at our house tonight.  I love Nacho Night.  Not because of the nachos, but because of the guacamole.  I LOVE guacamole.  And it’s so simple to make.


Take an avocado, and if you have a cutting board that your dad made for your mom as a wedding gift 70 years ago, definitely use it!


Peel the avocado, remove the seed & chunk it (the avocado, not the seed) into a bowl.  A smallish bowl with a nice flat, wide bottom works best.  My smallish, flat, wide bottomed bowl was no where to be found so I used a Tupperware bowl.  

Add a little lime juice.  I usually use a whole lime’s worth but I like my guacamole to be a bit on the limey side.  Add a little salt & just slightly more garlic powder than you’d think you’d need.  I usually use a little less than 1/4 tsp. of salt & about a rounded 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder, but add yours to taste.


Then just smash it up until it’s the chunky/smooth texture you prefer.  I have no idea what the tool is called that I use, but it works great.  A potato masher works well too, as does a simple fork if the avocado is ripe & soft enough.



Eat a spoonful to make sure it tastes right.  Then eat another spoonful just to make extra sure.  Then spoon it onto your nachos.  Yum!

Do you have a favorite guacamole recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment