Monday, February 24, 2014

Camera suggestions

I'm in need of your camera suggestions, thoughts & comments.  I am not happy with my tiny little camera at all. Granted, 99% of the problem is probably the human behind the lens, but I'm choosing to ignore that.  I want a new camera.  A real camera.  A camera with multiple lenses.  A camera with manual settings & that can be taken apart during a camera class at the local community college.  But it also needs to take awesome photos automatically because, well, let's face it, I will still be the human behind the lens.  And it's not just me that wants it.  My daughter has been begging for a Nikon 3200 for a few years now.  So, I'm thinking, I could buy one, we could share & one of us could take that photography class & teach the other one.  If it turns out we both like it & actually use it, then maybe we'll buy another one next year.  I'm sure there'll be an updated model.

But the point is, I'm thinking about buying the Nikon 3200.  It's really not in the budget, but I want it.  No, that's not exactly right.  I WANT it!  The want keeps me up at night sometimes. I literally can't sleep some nights because I can't calm the thoughts about how much better my life would be if I had a real camera.  The questions is, will I be able to use it?  Will learning to use it be such a pain in the rear I continue using my current, tiny, little hated camera?

If you have any input for or against the Nikon 3200, please, please, please, for the love of all things photogenic & my poor little bank account, please speak up.  I'm afraid I won't be able to resist the shopping urge much longer and I'm also afraid that breaking down & buying it might rank up there in my top 10 stupid moves.  So please, tell me what you think.  Do you have one?  Does your best friend have one?  Does your ex-boyfriend's sister's best friend's brother have one?  Do you/they like it?  Hate it?  Did it take years to learn to use the settings or is it as user friendly as the ads say?  Please, tell me what you think.

And no, there are no knitting update photos.  My tiny, little hated camera has decided to turn everything a lovely shade of orange.  I have no idea why.  Flash, or no flash.  Macro or normal setting, it doesn't matter.  The picture comes out orange.  It might just be that the battery needs charging but normally it just turns off & refuses to turn back on when that's the case.  Anyway, I didn't bother taking orange photos of my knitting.  Besides, I've only added a few more stripes to the fair isle cowl.  Been to busy dreaming about cameras to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment