Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bizarre results

The bazaar was bizarre.  There was no one there.  No one!  I was expecting 25+ vendors, there were 6, including me.  The shoppers were even fewer.  Not counting the bazaar's employees & other vendors, there were four families that stopped by.  Three of them bought something, so my sales percentages were great, but four shoppers over a five hour period ....  rather depressing.  I did make my entrance fee back, in fact, I made two additional dollars!  Of course, that's not taking into consideration the gas it took to drive 224 miles to and from for setting up on Friday and the actual sale on Saturday.

But all whining aside, I got quite a bit of knitting done, I had fun chatting with Traci, and I did learn a few things.  First, I learned how to use my husband's GPS.  He calls it The Bossy Bitch, otherwise known as his wife away from home.  Nice.  But she is rather insistent.  There were several times I considered running the red light at very busy intersections just to get her to shut up about making that left turn.

I also learned how important it is to ask the right questions (in writing) before sending in my vendor application.  Things like, how many people attended the previous year?  How many vendors are already signed up?  How much advertising are you going to do?  If you can't produce the expected number of vendors, will you be refunding my money & canceling the bazaar?  And the one question that's sort of bothering me most, if you charge a vendor extra for an electrical outlet, are you going to make sure the other vendors do not have access?  For some crazy reason, that extra $5 fee is bothering more than anything else.

But at least it's over with.  I can stop worrying about it and stressing over it.  I can now chill out and enjoy the Christmas season.  Just as soon as I get those custom orders taken care of.  They seem to be piling up faster than dust bunnies.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining.  Just saying.

But before I return to frenzied knitting, I think I'll eat some more spinach dip.  I had it for breakfast.  And now I think I'll have it for my afternoon snack.  In case you couldn't tell, spinach dip is like crack to me.  But hey - it's spinach.  It's good for me.  Let's just don't mention what ever is in the creamy part.  But I'm sure that's healthy too.  Sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment