Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016

Welcome 2016!

I'm practicing writing 2016 because it always takes me about six months to automatically write the correct year.

What's on my needles in 2016?

knit whale button band hat https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Whale Button Band Hat

It's a cute hat with a whale button on the brim.  I've become a little bit obsessed with these button band hats.  By New Year's Eve, I'd knit a few & listed them in my Etsy shop and I've since finished & listed another octopus hat and started on this whale hat.  I just love those cute little whales.

octopus button band hat  https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Octopus Button Band Hat

I think I mentioned going crazy buying buttons.  You're likely to see quite a few of these button band hats in the near future 2016.  I'm having a hard time deciding between knitting them slouchy or not.  What do you think?  The burgundy one shown above is not slouchy, while this mustard one is.

knit octopus button band hat  https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Octopus Button Band Hat

Slouchy or not slouchy?  Which do you prefer in 2016?

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the not slouchy look. I also want my head to be small enough that the hat looks as cute on me as it does on your mannequin. Can you knit me a smaller head? With hair that doesn't get messed up under a hat?!

    And yes, the button hats are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know what you mean & believe me, I'd knit you a smaller head if I could. I'd knit myself one while I was at it. My head is freakishly huge! I like to think it's all that brain taking up space, but I think it's more likely due to the freakish amount of hair that I have.

      Delete