Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Giving Thanks on Veterans Day

Today all of America gives thanks to our veterans.  We thank and honor them for the sacrifices made so that we may enjoy our freedoms.

We thank people like my father who served in WWII,

Dad, Randolph M. Owen, WWII
R. M. Owen, WWII

and we thank those who served in Vietnam,

Ron Hudson, Vietnam
R. L. Hudson, Vietnam

and we thank the troops who've served our country whether they went to actual war or not.

Greg Wiant in Panama South America
G. S. Wiant, South America

A double thanks goes out to those last two.  I admit it - I stole their photos off their Facebook walls.  Over the years I've known many, many military personnel but for some reason, I don't have photos of them in their uniforms.  Worse, I can't find the photos I have of my great grandfather in his WWI uniform or even my husband in uniform.  Since the only photo I could find was of my dad, I decided a little thievery was in order.

Thievery or not, from the bottom of my heart, I thank all the men and women of our military for your protection and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment