Sunday, November 15, 2015

Giving Thanks - November 15th!

My entire family is giving thanks for November 15th finally arriving.

You see, growing up, my mom refused to turn the heat on until November 15th.  She said it was the law and as a young child, I honestly thought it was a law.  The heat didn't get turned on until November 15th and it got shut off for the season on April 15th.  It's just the way it was.  And as much as I hated freezing half to death for the few weeks leading up to November 15th, I've kept the tradition.  My family hates the tradition, but they do enjoy teasing me about it.  And luckily, they are pretty good sports about it and are happy, or at least willing, to wear coats and gloves in the house on those few super cold days we have prior to November 15th.

And since my family are such good sports about the Heat Law,

Giving thanks for fingerless gloves available for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Fingerless Gloves

I knit a pair of fingerless gloves someone can wear on April 16th when it's still too cold to turn the heat off but I turn it off anyway.  Because really, it's the law!

No comments:

Post a Comment