Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Giving Thanks, Day 3

Today I'm giving thanks to cheaper gas prices.

gas prices at Flying J, Carmel Church as of 11/2/15
Gas Prices, 11/2/15

$1.79! Wow! The last time I put gas in the car, it was $2.24.  Admittedly, I've been lucky & the car has needed gas on the days my daughter is driving (we share a car) and she's been the one to go to the gas station for the past month or two.  But still.... $1.79.  I'm pretty excited.  And thankful.

I'm also pretty excited about this hat.

hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Watch Cap Style Hat

It's a fake fair isle knit from Yarn Bee's Fair Isle yarn.  The yarn is an acrylic/alpaca blend and was a joy to knit with, even though it was mostly acrylic.  (That's the yarn snob in me is coming out.)  The yarn was nice and squishy and knit up super fast.  It has that alpaca hairiness, but it didn't have the alpaca scratchiness.  I'll definitely buy more of this yarn.


slouchy hat, slouchy beanie for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Slouchy Style Hat

I knit it so that the brim could be folded up watch cap style or worn unfolded and slouchy.  If you're interested, that hat will most likely show up in my Etsy shop within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment