Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giving Thanks, Day 25

Today, I am giddy with thankfulness that tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I can not wait!  I'm so excited for the excuse to over eat.  I LOVE turkey but for some reason, I never cook turkey so the holidays are about the only time I get turkey.  And it goes without saying, I love pie.  And I love my daughter's pumpkin spice cake roll and my sister's macaroni & cheese, and my niece usually bakes some kind of yummy desert... And then there's how much I love annoying my family by making them listen to Alice's Restaurant on repeat.

But besides the food and awesome song lyrics, I'm also thankful for Thanksgiving because the next day means Christmas!  I get just a tiny bit excited about Christmas.  I'm like a two year old waiting for Santa.  I don't go overboard with decorating or shopping, in fact I'm fairly low key with both decorating and shopping.  But you can bet, I'll be happily setting that dreaded alarm clock Friday morning so I can get up nice and early to turn on the Christmas tunes, put the candles in the windows & plop myself in front of the Holiday Movie channel with a candy cane and begin the Christmas knitting frenzy.  I can not wait!

Meanwhile, today I'll keep myself busy with accidently dropping pies on the floor and finishing up the blue striped hat

Blue striped slouchy hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
OTN 11/25/15

and the second faux cabled fingerless glove to match the hat I listed for sale yesterday.  Sadly, I didn't even get the second glove cast on last night.  I'd planned to finish it but never even started it.  Although it doesn't have the nice ring to it that Second Sock Syndrome has, I think Second Glove Syndrome has set in.  I've got to do something about that though because come Friday, it's Christmas Frenzy Knitting time.

Well, it looks like I have a busy day cut out for me.  I have pies to burn, a hat and a glove to knit and I must go que up Alice's Restaurant.  Sing it with me now,

"This song is called "Alice's Restaurant."  It's about Alice, and the restaurant, but "Alice's Restaurant" is not the name of the restaurant, that's just the name of the song.  That's why I call the song...."

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment