Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Giving Thanks, Day 24

Gosh!  I'm on Day 24 & I haven't missed a single day yet.  That alone is something to be thankful for.  Maybe not for you, because really, besides me, who cares what I'm thankful for?  Probably no one.  Oh well, get over it.

So, besides being thankful that I've made it to Day 24 without missing a beat, what am I thankful for today?  Besides the fact that there's only another week of this thankful nonsense to go I mean, because that is something to be thankful for!  Anyway... what am I thankful for  today?  Well, it may be well past noon as I write this, but noon is still "early morning" to me.  I'm still on the 'sleep all morning, work all night' sleep schedule.  I can't seem to break it.  I may have to resort to setting the dreaded alarm clock.  Yikes!

Okay, refocus.....

Today... what am I thankful for?  Besides large doses of coffee?  Once again, I'm thankful for my daughter.  She may have gotten home from school (in my car) so late yesterday that I missed knitting group, but she did take it upon herself to hit grocery store after grocery store until she found pecans.  I have pecans now!  Thanksgiving has been saved and I'm oh, so thankful for my daughter's thoughtfulness and diligence.  And she doesn't even like pecan pie all that much!  Thanks, Sarah!

Meanwhile, in knitting world....

slouchy beanie for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Faux Cabled Slouchy Hat

I finished another faux cabled hat.  The color is just gorgeous.  It's not really blue and it's not really green.  The yarn manufacturer calls it Fjord.  Which is actually a perfect name for it.  It's the exact color of the water in this picture of a fjord.

example of a fjord
holeclub.com

In case you're wondering, the definition of a fjord is "a long, narrow, deep inlet of the sea between high cliffs, as in Norway and Iceland."  The shirtless guy in the photo is just an added bonus of 
stealing pictures from Google Images.  

gloves and mittens for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Faux Cabled Fingerless Gloves

Currently, I'm knitting a pair of fingerless gloves to match the hat.  I didn't get much knitting done last night.  There was a lot of drama going on in my geared-towards-teens,-Netflix-soap-opera that forced me to do a lot more mindless cookie eating than knitting.  Hopefully tonight's knitting time will be more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment