Sunday, November 22, 2015

Giving Thanks Day 22

I've got to admit, it was hard to come up with much to be thankful for today.  About all I'm honestly thankful for today is a well stocked liquor cabinet.

It was just one of Those days.  I woke up too early so I went back to sleep, then when I woke up the next time, my back was killing me because I'd been laying in bed too long.

The spouse was between me and the coffee pot and he didn't appreciate my cheerful, "Move!"  His inappreciativeness had us bickering first thing in the morning afternoon.

I had to go grocery shopping.  Thanksgiving grocery shopping.  Thanksgiving grocery shopping on a weekend.  And if that wasn't bad enough, they were out of pecans.

When I went to the grocery store, dear sweet, unappreciative hubby asked me to run by the Verizon store and pay his company's phone bill.  Verizon wouldn't allow me to pay the bill without the company's tax id number.  Never mind that I had both the bill and a credit card with the company name on it.  I drove all the way home, got the tax id number, drove all the way back to the $$@$% Verizon store and the lovely employee proceeded to tell me that the tax id number I had didn't match their records and I still couldn't pay the bill.

I should probably apologize to the Verizon chick but I was under-caffeinated and just a tad bit pissed that she wouldn't allow me to pay the bill.

I got home from the second nonproductive trip to Verizon to discover that the dogs had eaten the brand new loaf of bread I'd just bought an hour earlier.

At least they didn't get into the liquor cabinet.  But I did.

So, tonight, I'm thankful for a very tall, very stiff drink and some lovely yarn.

faux cable hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
OTN 11/22/15
By tomorrow, I hope to be thankful for another hat to list in my Etsy shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment