Saturday, November 14, 2015

Giving Thanks, Day 14

Today I'm giving thanks for two things.  The first is that I've stuck with this Giving Thanks thing, at least so far.  I'll be the first to admit that when I publicly declare that I will do X on certain days, it's pretty much a guarantee that I will never, ever do X again.  But so far, so good.  I'm quite thankful for the Blogging Gods or the Gods of Public Declaration or who ever it is in my head nudging me to put the knitting down & turn off Netflix for a few minutes each day so I can write these posts.

The second thing I'm thankful for is my son.  While it kills me that he's all grown up and talking about moving out, I'm oh so thankful for the fun, yet responsible young man he's turned into.  And since he's such a responsible young man, he received his first credit card in the mail yesterday.

#givingthanks for my son, a happy Zack

He's feeling pretty smug about it.  Or at least he was until I suggested he use it to buy me some yarn.

#givingthanks

Meanwhile, I knit another hat.

hemmed brim slouchy hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits

I absolutely love the finished results of this one.  The yarn is Patons Classic Wool in the Light Grey Marl colorway.  Every single time I go to the yarn store, this wool taunts me.  I love the colorway in the skein but I'm rarely happy with the way tweedy yarns look knit up.  Each time I visit the yarn shop, I pet a skein of the Light Grey Marl, tell it how pretty it is, then move on because I know I'll be unhappy once I start knitting with it.  But on the last trip, the yarn fumes got to me and I tossed a skein into my basket.  And I'm so glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment