Monday, September 28, 2015

Spiders!

The thing about living on the edge of the woods...

Garden spider eating a butterfly
Spiders!

Is that there is edge of the woods wildlife.  Wildlife such as spiders.

Ugh!  Spiders make me twitch.

I realize they are good to have because they eat the bugs, and well, I don't know why else, but ugh!  And why do they have to eat the pretty butterflies?  Why can't they eat the wasps?

This particular spider moved in a few days ago & built his web across our front porch steps.  The man of the house has been out of town and the young man of the house is a bit of a pacifist & my "Get rid of it!" pleas were answered with a shrug & a "Just don't use that door."  I've been at work all weekend and the young lady of the house won't go anywhere near the door & has decided she's not even leaving the house until Mr. Spider has moved on.  So there he hangs, eating the pretty butterflies instead of the wasps.

Meanwhile....

Have I mentioned how much I love my Etsy customers?

Knit lace hat in purple for https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
OTN 92/28/15

I was recently contacted by a potential client who asked about making a particular hat in a different color.  And I suddenly realized, I don't have any purple hats for adults!  Luckily, a quick trip to the yarn shop provided purple yarn and an afternoon spent binge watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix should solve the problem.

If only Netflix could solve my spider problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment